Application Process for Reed Leadership Academy
The application process includes the submission of an application, resume, and participation in an interview. Here is the application timeline:
- October 5 - application available
- November 1 - application and resume due by 5pm in the Student Center; please sign up for an interview time in the Student Center when you submit your completed application
- November 3 & 5 - interviews
- November 9 - admission decisions
- December 11 - welcome event
You must take two steps to apply to RELAY:
1. Applications are availble in the Student Activities Office. Submit a written application by November 1, 2015 at 5pm in the Student Center.
2. Have an individual interview on November 3 or 5, 2015.
Before you jump in and fill out an application, take the time to thoroughly read the application and details about the RELAY program.
PART ONE: WRITTEN APPLICATION
Your written application package is made up of the application form, your resume, answers to two short essay questions, and an authorization to release academic information. Details about what to include on the resume as well as the essay questions themselves are on the application form.
If you have never put a resume together before or want help making yours top-notch, the Center for Life Beyond Reed can help you. They provide:
- resume-writing sessions;
- walk-in hours, during which you can receive a critique of your completed resume.
Turn in your completed application no later than November 1, 2015 at 5pm in the Student Center. Please note: Late or incomplete applications may not be considered.
PART TWO: INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEW
When you submit your written application, please sign up for an interview time in the Student Center. All applicants must participate in an interview; interviews will take place on November 3 and 5, 2015. The Center for Life Beyond Reed offers workshops to help you prepare for interviews.