Community Service Coordinator
As a member of the career services team, the Community Service Coordinator contributes to the development and implementation of purposeful experiential learning opportunities in support of the mission and goals of the college. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and promoting an array of programs that connect Reed students to the greater community in an effort to complement the academic program, to inform students’ personal and career development, and to create and sustain positive impact within the communities served.
This is a full-time exempt position. Reed College offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes, medical, dental, 403 (b) retirement plan, use of on site sports center, access to bike co-op, free parking, discounted TriMet bus passes, paid holidays, paid vacation and retiree medical.
* Identifies, organizes and supports individual and group volunteer efforts in the local area to involve Reed students
* Develops and maintains contacts with local volunteer and not for profit agencies and organizations
* Works in conjunction with Financial Aid to develop and oversee the off-campus federal work study program
* Assists with personal and career development counseling and programs, especially related to social and community development work, social entrepreneurship, public health, community organization and advocacy, and environmental services
* Supervises student employees
* Develops and maintains the SEEDS website
* Bachelor’s degree preferably from a small liberal arts college or equivalent experience is required
* Must have a commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity
* 2-4 years directly related work experience
* Experiences with web development, documentation, database development and reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Working knowledge of the Portland non-profit and public sector
* Multicultural competency
* Knowledge of social media and other emerging recruiting trends/practices
* Knowledge of and expertise in a range of program management functions, including relationship and program development, collaboration, goal management and reporting
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of introduction discussing your qualifications and interests, along with your resume, a completed Reed Application for Employment form (original or scanned), via email, mail or fax:
Attn: Human Resources
3203 S.E. Woodstock Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97202
The Reed Application for Employment is located at: http://www.reed.edu/human_resources/staffsearch/index.html
Deadline to apply: Preference will be given to those applicants who apply before May 21, 2013, however applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Start Date: Mid-June to late-June
Reed College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Classification: Community Services Coordinator
Salary/Rate of Pay: $41,653 -$59,981
Deadline: May 21, 2013