Assistant Dean of Admission
The Assistant Dean of Admission provides information and guidance about Reed College to prospective students. This position requires extensive travel, approximately 7 weeks per year.
This is a full-time (1.0 fte) exempt position. Reed College offers a benefits package that is unparalleled. Benefits include comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, paid holidays, paid vacation and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
* Conducting individual interviews
* Offering group information sessions about Reed, on campus and at schools, for audiences of varying sizes
* Writing and editing content for admission publications, blog, e-mails, etc.
* Coordinates and conducts recruiting activities in an assigned territory; represents the college at schools, college fairs and receptions; arranges and implements travel itinerary. Communicates with parents, counselors, students and alumni; conducts interviews and provides admission counseling and information.
* Reviews and evaluates admission applications and participates in making admission recommendations in accordance with the college's goals and standards
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Possess and articulate an understanding of the values, academic mission and culture of the small liberal arts and sciences college environment
* Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Thorough knowledge of Reed College and its mission.
• High-level ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Skills in writing for various audiences, and in various publication/electronic formats are desirable.
• Knowledge of admission procedures, principles and practices.
• Ability to develop and implement regional recruiting plans and strategies pertaining to specific program responsibilities.
• Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work effectively as a part of a departmental team.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, College staff and students, prospective students, and the general public.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of introduction discussing your qualifications and interests, along with your resume, a completed Reed Application for Employment form (original or scanned), via email, mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
3203 S.E. Woodstock Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97202
Reed College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reed values diversity and encourages applications from underrepresented groups
Deadline: Open until filled