Staff Policies and Procedures Manual
D. Education and Training
1. College coursework, non-degree seeking
Regular full-time or part-time employee
The college may pay all or part of the expense for staff to attend specific college level classes at the undergraduate or graduate levels when the following conditions are met:
- the class is taken on the employee's own time and does not interfere with his/her ability to meet the requirements of the job;
- the specific class is directly related to the employee's current position and job responsibilities;
- the knowledge acquired would enhance the employee's work skills;
- the supervisor has approved in advance the participation, attendance and reimbursement;
- funds are available in the departmental budget to pay any or all the expenses;
- reimbursement is made only after the employee provides documentation that he/she has successfully completed the course.
This program is not intended to assist employees in seeking a degree even if the degree would be relevant to the job.
This program is different from the tuition remission program for courses at Reed College. Refer to Section VII, Benefits; Tuition Programs for more information about taking classes at Reed.
last revised: 7/1/2007
last reviewed: 2/13/2012