D. Education and Training
2. College coursework, degree seeking
Must be a regular full-time employee in an eligible class for no less than six years prior to the beginning of the class(es) for which the employee would be seeking reimbursement.
The college may pay all or part of the expense for staff to attend specific college level classes at the undergraduate or graduate levels when the following conditions are met:
- the request is made in writing and includes information about the program/coursework;
- the class(es) is taken on the employee's own time and does not interfere with his/her ability to meet the requirements of the job;
- the specific program/major is directly related to the employee's current position and job responsibilities;
- the knowledge acquired would enhance the employee's work skills; this determination would be made at the sole discretion of Reed College;
- the supervisor and the vice presidents have approved in advance in writing the participation, attendance and reimbursement;
- funds are available in the college's benefit/tuition reimbursement budget to pay any or all the expenses;
- reimbursement is made only after the employee provides written documentation that he/she has successfully completed each course/program.
This program is different from the tuition remission program for courses at Reed College. Refer to Section VII, Benefits; Tuition Programs for more information about taking classes at Reed.
last revised: 7/1/2007
last reviewed: 2/13/2012