Facilities Services

Macnaughton

FOSTER, SCHOLZ, AND MACNAUGHTON

Built in 1954-55, these three residence halls were once two residence halls: Foster-Scholz, a men's residence hall, and MacNaughton, a women's residence hall. Each was named for Reed presidents; Foster-Scholz for the first two presidents, William T. Foster and Richard F. Scholz, and for Ernest B. MacNaughton, who was president from 1948 to 1952. These co-ed residence halls have divided double rooms, in which roommates have their own spaces and a door between them.