Setting Up Your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
- Begin by selecting 'Safari' from your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad applications.
2. When you try to connect to any website for the first time, you'll be automatically redirected to Reed's Network Registration page. If you are a reed community member, select that option. If you are a guest or conference member, select the option that's right for you.
3. After selecting 'reed community member', you will be prompted to enter your kerberos username and password. This is the same information used to log into Webmail and IRIS.
4. After submitting your username and password, you will have successfully registered your iPhone/iPod Touch on the network. Close safari and reopen it to have full access to the Internet.
Note: If you've already migrated to Gmail, please visit the Gmail Setup Instructions.
1. Begin by turning on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad and navigating to the settings screen
2. Next, navigate to the Mail, Contacts and Calendar tab:
3. Now it's time to add your account:
4. Next, select the 'Add Mail Account' option:
5. Now it's time to enter your Reed account information. Use your Reed email address and your kerberos password:
6. Select 'Save' in the upper right hand corner when you've finished entering your account information.
7. Next you'll come to a screen with "IMAP" and "POP" buttons at the top. Select IMAP, and fill in the information as shown below.
Remember: use your kerberos username and password!
7. Click "Save" in the upper right corner when you've finished.
8. Now, click the "advanced" button, then "Mailbox Behaviors", then "drafts mailbox"
9. Now, you'll see "On my iPhone" -- Drafts, followed by "on the server". Select "Drafts".
**Note:It may be necessary to completely power off the ipad before you can select the folders on the server.
10. Do the same for Deleted Mailbox (from the Advanced screen)
Congratulations, you've set up Reed Webmail on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad!
- on your iOS device, go to "Settings", then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", then "Add Account..."
- Select "Other", then "Add LDAP Account"
- Fill in the settings as shown below, then click "Next"
- Click "Add search settings..", then fill in the "base" textbox as shown below:
Contact the CUS Help Desk if you need assistance setting up your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad on the Reed network.