Setting Up Your iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad) Device
Note: These instructions were designed with an iPhone in mind, but should be almost identical to the setup for an iPod Touch or iPad.
Begin by selecting the Settings app from your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad applications, and go to your WiFi settings.
We recommend that all Reed students, faculty, and staff use Reed1x as their WiFi access point. This is an encrypted network with greater security and more access for administrative users.
- Upon selecting Reed1x from the list of WiFi networks, you will be prompted to enter your Kerberos username and password. Press the Join button in the top right corner afterwards to continue.
- You will be prompted to accept an unknown security certificate. This is OK- go ahead and do so.
- You are now connected! How easy was that?
You can use our other SSID, ReedXenia, as an alternative if Reed1x gives you issues or if you are a visitor or conference attendee.
When you try to connect to any website for the first time, you'll be automatically redirected to Reed's Network Registration page. You should see the following page:
Simply follow the instructions to get connected to the network.
- Begin by navigating to the Settings app on your device.
- Next, navigate to the Mail, Contacts and Calendar tab:
- Now it's time to add your account:
- Choose the "Google" option:
- Now it's time to enter your Reed account information. Use your Reed email address (email@example.com) and your Kerberos password, just as it looks below, and then hit the blue Next button in the top right corner:
- If all goes well, you should see a page similar to the one below. If you don't want to sync your Google Calendar and notes to your iPhone, you may turn those options off. Otherwise, just hit the blue Save button in the top right corner to finish!
Congratulations, you've set up Reed Webmail on your iOS device!
- On your iOS device, go to "Settings", then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", then "Add Account...".
- Select "Other", then "Add LDAP Account".
- Fill in the settings as shown below, then click Next.
- Click "Add search settings..", then fill in the "base" textbox as shown below:
Congratulations, you've setup LDAP (Reed Directory) on your iOS device!
Contact the CUS Help Desk if you need assistance setting up your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad on the Reed network.