Configuration Settings for Gmail
This document contains common IMAP and SMTP settings for Gmail compatible clients. For support with specific clients, please see our client setup page.
Reed's IMAP Settings
Configure your client with the following settings for your incoming e-mail setup:
- The server is imap.gmail.com
- Your username is your full email address (example: email@example.com)
- Your password is your Kerberos password.
- Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- The port is 993 (typically denoted as default).
Reed's SMTP Settings
Configure your client with the following settings for your outgoing e-mail setup:
- The server is smtp.gmail.com.
- If your client allows, Authentication should be set to Password.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or TLS should be enabled.
- The port number is 465. Alternatively, port 587 (with TLS) may also work.
Reed's LDAP Settings
Configure your client with the following settings to get the Reed directory added to your address book:
- The server is ldap.reed.edu.
- For Search Base, enter (exactly as shown): ou=people,dc=reed,dc=edu.
- The port is 389.
If you need help finding the place to add this LDAP directory information in, visit this page.