Saftey Guidelines for Traveling Abroad
Please keep the following tips in mind when traveling out of the county. These tips are also good for general travel.
- When possible, leave all electronic devices at home (laptop, cell phone, etc).
- If you must take your Reed computer, talk to CUS about borrowing loaner equipment to limit the amount of data you take.
- Avoid using computers in cyber cafes or hotel business centers.
- Assume anything you do over the Internet will be intercepted (even if the link is encrypted).
- Change your Reed password (and any other password you intend to use abroad) before leaving. Then change those passwords again when you return.
- Check for current warnings or advisories for the specific area you will be traveling.