Computing & Information Services
Instructional Technologist - Foreign Languages
Location: Language Lab and ETC 223
Hours: Fall Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am - noon and 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm; Friday 10:00 am -2:00pm
What I Do:
- Identify and evaluate foreign language learning resources, web-based cultural materials, and other electronic resources that enhance language learning and teaching.
- Proactively communicate with foreign language faculty to make them aware of existing and emerging technological resources.
- Deploy and maintain relevant electronic resources for use in the Language Lab and make these resources available for student and faculty use outside the Lab as needed.
- Assist students and faculty in use of the hardware, software, and other electronic resources in the Language Lab.
- Provide hands-on instruction and training workshops for faculty.
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of instructional technology.
- Supervise student assistants and drop-in tutors for the Language Lab.
- Maintain currency on the uses of technology in language learning and teaching by developing key contacts at professional organizations and other schools, tracking current literature, and learning and evaluating emerging technologies.